Frequenty Asked Questions
Copper Fit® Recharge is a wireless, compact, rechargeable and portable massage device designed with two (2) of today's most advanced massage technologies: TENS and EMS.
TENS (Transcutaneous Electric Nerve Stimulator) is a type of electrotherapy that provides temporary relief from pain associated with sore and aching muscles due to everyday stress and strains on the shoulder, back, waist, arms and legs.
EMS (Electronic Muscle Stimulator) helps stimulate healthy muscles for the purpose of increasing muscle strength and to facilitate muscle performance. EMS technology has been shown to increase tolerance, improve range of motion, and reduce muscle aches and discomfort.
The gel electrode pads will lose adhesiveness over time depending on usage. On average, pads should last 3 — 6 months (or approximately 30 — 50 uses). To extend the life of the gel adhesive, slightly dampen and smooth out the gel on the pad after each use. Then, cover the adhesive pad with the plastic film. For extra protection, remove the Control Unit and place it in the plastic sleeve included with the kit.
For questions and to order replacement pads, please E-Mail: CustomerService@CopperFitRecharge.com
Copper Fit® Recharge works to provide temporary relief and reduction of acute pain associated with sore and aching muscles due to everyday stress and strains on the shoulder, back, waist, arms and legs. It is intended for use by ADULTS and ONLY on healthy muscles. NEVER use this device on muscles that are: atrophied, painful, suffer spasms, on a limb with painful or otherwise afflicted joints.
It is always important to try and use Copper Fit® Recharge as soon as your pain begins. The earlier you can treat your pain, the better chance you have to prevent the pain from becoming worse.
The Copper Fit® Recharge unit is not intended for the application of any medical condition or disease nor is it intended for physiotherapy or muscle rehabilitation. Do NOT use on any muscle that is injured or diseased. Do NOT attempt to use for muscle re-education, to prevent muscle atrophy or spasms, improving range of motion or blood flow deficiencies/venous thrombosis. Consult your physician before using this device, because it may be possible to cause lethal rhythm disturbances to the heart in susceptible individuals.DO NOT use Copper Fit® Recharge if you have any of the following medical conditions:
- An implanted cardiac pacemaker, defibrillator or other implanted metallic or electronic device.
- Undiagnosed pain syndromes.
- Have been diagnosed with cancer.
- You are pregnant.
- Have suffered acute trauma or surgical procedure in the past six months.
- Have cardiac problems or cardiac disease.
- Have epilepsy.
- Have painful and /or atrophied muscles.
- Have abdominal or inguinal hernia.
- Have limited range of motion in skeletal joints.
- Have a blood circulatory problem.
- Stimulation should not be applied on your CHEST (transthoracically) in that the introduction of electrical current into the heart may cause cardiac arrhythmias.
- Do not apply stimulation to the frontal area of the NECK near site of carotid sinus nerves.
- Do not apply stimulation over the NECK OR MOUTH. Severe spasms of the laryngeal and pharyngeal muscles may occur with contractions strong enough to and /or cause difficulty in breathing. Stimulation over the neck could also have adverse effects on the heart rhythm or blood pressure.
- On your HEAD.
- Over, or in proximity to cancerous lesions.
- If you are epileptic.
- After experiencing acute trauma or fracture.
- Following recent surgery.
- If you have a hernia (abdominal or lingual).
- To the frontal, laryngeal and temporal region of the neck.
- While driving, operating machinery or during activities in which involuntary muscle contractions may endanger the user or others.
- The effects of stimulation of the brain are unknown. Do not use across the head and do not place electrodes on opposite sides of the head.
- Do not use in the bath or shower.
- Persons with suspected heart problems or epilepsy should obtain medical advice from your doctor.
- Never use while sleeping.
- Never immerse the unit in any liquid.
Your Copper Fit® Recharge comes with two (2) sizes of gel electrode pads for large and small areas. Choose a pad that best covers your pain area. If your pain area is larger than the pads, you may need to conduct multiple sessions to obtain maximum relief.
As the Copper Fit® Recharge delivers gentle massage-like pulses to your pain areas, you will feel a slight tingling or buzzing sensation on your skin where the electrode pads are placed. You can adjust intensity through levels 1-20 as desired. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND WHEN STARITNG TO USE, START WITH 20 MINUTE SESSIONS ON LOW INTENSITY LEVEL AND GRADUALLY WORK UP THE TIME AND INTENSITY.
There are four different massage modes to offer varying types of relief.
The battery level can vary by usage and type of massage mode used. It is very simple to recharge as needed using the included USB cable that you can plug into a wall A/C adapter (not included) or to any computer USB port.
- When LED is RED, unit needs to be recharged.
- When LED is YELLOW, unit is charging.
- When LED is GREEN, unit is ON/fully charged.
The unit is pre-programmed to be ON for a 1-hour duration, and then the unit will automatically turn OFF. If you want another 1-hour treatment cycle simply push the ON button and set the intensity level again.
To conserve battery and prevent unexpected Intensity impulses, the device will automatically power OFF when not in use or when the electrodes are not attached properly. If your device is not turning ON, check if battery is low and needs to be recharged. If the LED light becomes red and/or the stimulation Intensity becomes weaker, it means the battery power charge is low. It is time to recharge the device.
Always turn OFF the unit before cleaning. The fabric side of the electrode pads and the control unit can be cleaned with a soft, damp cloth. Never use excessive water or cleaning agents to clean the control unit.
To clean the electrode pads wipe them gently with a damp cloth to remove any dirt, oils, and other byproducts that may stick to the tacky pads. Proper cleaning, storage and maintenance will help extend the life of the pads. After each use, you should also slightly dampen and smooth out the gel on the pad. Then, cover the adhesive pad with the plastic film. For extra protection, remove the Control Unit and place it in the plastic sleeve included with the kit.
Do not place the pads in a washing machine or submerse in water.
The gel electrode pads will lose adhesiveness over time depending on usage. On average, these should last 3 — 6 months (or approximately 30 — 50 uses). To extend the life of the gel adhesive, it is recommended to slightly dampen and smooth out the gel on the pad after each use. Then, cover the adhesive pad with the plastic film when finished using.